As with many conferences & workshops across the globe, this year’s Test Instrumentation Workshop has switched to a virtual format. Virtual conferences are unlike webinars and webcasts in that they offer many ways to connect with speakers, exhibitors, and other attendees in real time. We know that for many of you, this may be your first time attending an immersive, multi-day, online event. So we’ve compiled some simple pro tips to help you make the most of this virtual environment.
Below are some important tips to ensure you have the best conference experience possible. There are also links to a quick overview video of how to navigate the virtual conference as well as FAQ. If you have any questions please email Lena@itea.org
- The conference will be held in Pacific Time.
- Most important tip! Use Google Chrome. The platform works best with this browser.
- Make sure to allow permissions to your microphone and camera so you can video chat with other attendees.
- If your screen is blank or a video does not load, refresh the page. (Windows: Ctrl + F5 or Mac: Command + Shift+R)
- When you first login to the system with your email it will prompt you to create a password. IF you forget your password you can reset it. If you don’t see the reset option, enter any digit in the password field and hit enter. You will then see a reset password link. A 6 digit code will be sent to your email.
- If you would like to see the video in full screen, click the hollow square found on the bottom right hand corner of the video.
- During the networking session be sure to allow access to your microphone and camera. You will have 8 minutes to video chat with another attendee/sponsor/exhibitor. After 8 minutes you will be connected with the next attendee. Make sure to exchange contact info to setup future meetings!
- Turn on your notification sound and popups so you can see when you receive a message. Turn this feature on via the gear icon in the chat window
Virtual Conference Platform Overview
Virtual Events FAQ
How to Video Chat with another attendee