Thank You to All Who Joined us!
(This Event Occurred February 9-11th, 2018)
Maine Osteopathic Association's 2018 Mid-Winter Symposium
February 9-11th, 2018
Holiday Inn by the Bay- Portland, ME
22 AOA Category 1-A Credits
(21 AAFP Prescribed Credits Anticipated)
Thank You For Attending the MOA 2018 Midwinter Symposium!
Some Highlights from the Weekend:
- Over 225 registered attendees, more than 30 UNE COM students, a dozen Resident and Fellow OMT volunteers, 37 Exhibitors, and visitors of all ages and backgrounds attended our events over the weekend. That's more than 300 people! Thanks to all who came together to celebrate osteopathic medicine.
- Students from UNE COM presented 24 posters and more than 100 attendees came to watch them present their research in the Casco Bay Exhibit Hall. Winners in each category are announced below! Thank you to our judges and UNE COM staff that help us bring this event together.
- The MOEF Silent Auction Generated more than $5,000 for our Educational Foundation. Thank you to those who provided auction items, purchased items or otherwise supported this event.
- More than 30 Speakers Shared Their Knowledge over the 3-Day weekend, totaling 22 hours of CME.
It was a great weekend in Portland, ME! Thanks for being there with us.
Check out our Facebook Page for Event Photos!
Here are some Important Reminders:
Missed something from a lecture that you would like to reference again?
As is our custom, the Program Committee is continuing its “green” theme and will not be printing lecture slides and hand out materials. Because of copyright liability issues, we are including a link to a password protected file where you can access these presentations at your convenience.
Speaker PowerPoints and other materials can be found here at this Dropbox Folder Link.
(The password to access this folder was sent in emails prior to and after the event)
Please remember to mail/fax or email in the following forms:
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Attestation Reporting Form: VERY Important! This form was in your registration packet. Please check off the lectures you attended, count up total credits and sign the form to get your AOA category 1-A credits reported. Must be completed and returned by March 9, 2018.
- Program Evaluation Form: We want your feedback! In your registration packet you received a 2 page survey which you can use to review your experience at this year's symposium. Please leave your comments about speakers, food, and more.
- Pre/Post Tests: If you completed the blue "pre" test and the yellow "post" test, please fax, email, or mail them in!
- Outcomes Survey: You may earn an extra 1 or 2 AOA Category 1-A credits by completing a very brief (11 questions) post-conference outcomes survey for the MOA’s 2018 Mid Winter Symposium held February 9-11, 2018 in Portland, ME.
- The AOA Division of CME provides for DO’s to earn Category 1-A CME credits for post-conference outcomes assessment. The ratio of available credit is 1:10 (i.e. you can earn 1 additional credit for every 10 eligible credits you earned at the 21-credit live meeting in February. If you earned 1-19 credits at the MOA Mid Winter Symposium you are eligible for 1 outcomes-assessment credit. If you earned 20-21 credits at the symposium, then you are eligible to earn 2 outcome-assessment credits for completion of this survey.
- This survey will remain open until March 16, 2018. Your CME credit will be reported by the MOA directly to the AOA Division of CME upon closure of this survey.
Click here to complete the survey:
The Outcomes Assessment includes three sections and a total of 15 questions:
* General Outcome Assessment of Conference Participation on Practice Behavior (4 questions)
* Post-Test on Specific CME Content (10 questions drawn from presentations)
* Suggestions for future conference topics and speakers (1 question)
Results of this assessment will be used by the MOA for planning purposes. Your individual respondent data will remain confidential and will not be reported or released.
You must provide contact information below for the purposes of registering your CME credits with the AOA Division of CME.
Thank you for your participation! Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
MOA Director of Operations
Phone: (207) 623-1101 ext. 12
- Contingency Policy: If you were unable to attend the symposium because of the weather or were delayed, we apologize and completely understand! However, the MOA’s inclement weather policy is that all CME offerings and activities will continue as planned and no refunds will be given.
Address for Mail: 128 State St., Suite 102, Augusta, ME 04330
Call 207-623-1101 with any questions.
Thank you for attending. We look forward to seeing you soon!
SAVE THE DATE
Dreaming of Summer Days? We are too!
Don't miss the MOA's Annual Convention 2018
June 8-10th at the Samoset Resort!
(More information to come soon, check our website for updates)
Please Congratulate the winners of our Research Symposium and Poster Session!