Thank you for attending the 2020 Symposium!
Maine Osteopathic Association's 2020 Mid-Winter Symposium
February 7-9th, 2020
Holiday Inn by the Bay- Portland, ME
21.75 AOA Category 1-A /AMA Category 1 Credits
19.0 AAFP Prescribed Credits
Saturday Afternoon sessions qualify for up to 3.0 credits of the Maine licensure 3 CME credit requirement for opioid medication education found in P.L. 2015, Chapter 488.
(Please note that this event occurred February 7th-9th, 2020)
Announcements & Reminders:
Don't Miss your opportunity to Earn up to 3.0 Additional AOA Category 1-A CME Credits by Completing our Outcomes Survey!
Click Here to complete the Outcomes Survey. (Open until March 15, 2020)
Full Link text: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MOAMidwinter2020outcomes
Symposium attendees (with an AOA number) can earn an extra 1-3 AOA Category 1-A credits by completing this outcomes assessment for the MOA’s 2020 Mid Winter Symposium held February 7-9, 2020 in Portland, ME.
This survey will remain open until March 15, 2020. Your CME credit will be reported by the MOA to the AOA Division of CME following the March 15th deadline.
Please note that this survey is separate from our program evaluation.
To leave general feedback about the symposium, please complete our evaluation survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MOASymposium2020
Missed something from a lecture that you would like to reference again?
Speaker PowerPoints and other materials can be found here when available at this
Dropbox Folder Link.
Note: You do not need a Dropbox account or Dropbox desktop download to access these files.
The link above should open in a internet browser. You WILL need a password to access the Dropbox. Please reference the password provided in your program book or event emails. Contact MOA staff at 207-623-1101 if you have any trouble accessing the Dropbox.
Some lecture materials may not yet be available via the Dropbox folder, please check back in a few days, as content will be updated soon.
Please remember to complete the following:
- Evaluation Survey: The Program Evaluation is available via SurveyMonkey (Online). Click HERE to share your thoughts about facilities, speakers, topics and more! (Full link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MOASymposium2020). This link will be sent again, post-event. We read ALL comments and provide speakers with feedback from their sessions.
- CME Attestation Form: VERY important. In order to obtain CME credit for this meeting, please complete this form and return to the MOA registration desk. CME credits have already been reported to the AOA-- please let the MOA office know if you have not seen credits post to your AOA CME record.
- If you attended Dr. Blaisdell's lecture on Saturday, Feb 8th at 1:30pm, please indicate this on the form with a write-in. Dr. Forbush's lecture on Friday at 8am will count for credit, so just indicate that you attended that timeslot on the form. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to staff via email, phone or visiting us on your way out of the event at the desk.
- CME Certificates: If you requested a CME certificate, you should have received it via the delivery method you indicated (Mail/Email). Please contact the MOA office for details (207) 623-1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AAFP Credit Final Determination:
- After acceptance of our application for AAFP Prescribed credit, please note that our program was approved for 19.0 AAFP prescribed credits. In order to receive AAFP credits, please mail or fax a copy of your completed CME form to the AAFP, 11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway, Leawood, KS 66211-2672.
Congratulations to our 2020 Research Forum Winners:
For the Medical Student Original Research Category, congratulations to:
Matthew Postolowski, OMSII & Roshan Patel, OMS-II (1st place)
Joanna Sajdlowska, OMS-II (2nd place)
Matthew Kilroe, OMS-II & Michael Doyle, OMS-II (3rd place)
For the Medical Student Case Presentation or Literature Review Category, congratulations to:
Lukas Zibaitis, OMS-III (1st place)
Lauren Ferguson, OMS-IV & David Shbeeb, OMS-IV (2nd place)
Juliette Kassas, OMS-III (3rd place).
Thank you to our Keynote Speakers!
Sponsored in part by Baystate Financial
To follow up with Dr. Fawcett, visit his website here.
Sponsored by Maine Osteopathic Educational Foundation
To follow up with Dr. Fine, visit his website here.
*Please note: The MOA's professional and public education committee reserves the right to adjust the program agenda as deemed necessary. Some topics and session times may change.
Program Committee Co-Chairs: Jodie Hermann, D.O. & Josephine Conte, D.O.
AOA CME Accreditation: The Maine Osteopathic Association is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. The Maine Osteopathic Association designates this program for a maximum of 21.75 AOA Category 1-A credits and will report CME credits commensurate with the extend of the physician’s participation in this activity.
MMET Joint Providership: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Maine Medical Education Trust and the Maine Osteopathic Association.
The Maine Medical Education Trust is accredited by the Maine Medical Association Committee on Continuing Medical Education and Accreditation to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Maine Medical Education Trust designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Academy of Family Physicians: This Live activity, MOA Midwinter Symposium 2020, with a beginning date of 02/07/2020, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 19.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Looking for more osteopathic CME?
Please click HERE to browse online osteopathic CME programs available online
from the MOA and other state osteopathic associations. (1-A credits from $40)
NEW Programs Available NOW!
SAVE THE DATE:
MOA Annual Convention
June 5-7th, 2020
Samoset Resort, Rockport, ME
Room Block and other information for this event will be available soon!