Physician's Day at the Maine Legislatures:
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Thank you to all who participated!
- Meeting with Governor Paul LePage:
- Topics of interest included Doctors for Maine's Future, Exemptions from Jury Duty for Physicians, Recruiting more Primary Care Physicians to work and live in rural Maine
- Some Remarks from Rep. Patricia Hymanson, MD &
Geoff Gratwick, MD
- Remarks from Lisa Gouldsbrough, DO, MOA President;
Charles Pattavina, MD, MMA President &
Stephanie Podolski, PA-C, MEAPA President
- Meeting with Maine Senate Democratic Leadership
- Meeting with Sara Gideon, Speaker of the House & House Majority Leadership
- Meeting with House Republican Leadership
Photos from the Event:
Above (from left to right): Lisa Gouldsbrough, D.O., MOA President, Joel Kase, D.O., MOA Past President, Merideth Norris, D.O., MOA President-elect
At Right: Sen. Geoff Gratwick, MD provides some welcoming remarks
(Check Facebook for More Photos!)
The MOA would like to extend a hearty thank you to the Maine Medical Association
and its staff, for partnering with us on this successful event!
MOA Legislative Highlights: 128th Legislative Session
The MOA Legislative Committee holds weekly conference call meetings on Monday nights at 8:00 pm while the Legislature is in session. We welcome members of the osteopathic community to join us.
For more information on how to join, contact MOA Executive Director Angela Westhoff or the Committee Chair, Merideth Norris, D.O. at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about legislation in this session, visit http://legislature.maine.gov/.