What is the Maine Osteopathic
Educational Foundation? (MOEF)
The Maine Osteopathic Educational Foundation (MOEF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose primary goals are to:
· Educate Maine students in osteopathic medicine;
· To provide continuing education for existing physicians; and
· To improve the health of all Maine people through education and research.
History of the MOEF and the D.O. Campaign:
The MOEF Fundraising Committee officially launched the “Distinguishing Ourselves: Preserving the Past and Preparing for the Future” fundraising campaign in June of 2013 and began with a gift in memory of Louis Hanson, DO. The original fundraising goal of $250,000 to build an endowment dedicated to the three goals stated above, was reached in the first 3 years of the campaign. Further contributions are needed to protect and promote osteopathic medicine for generations to come.
Did you know?
The MOEF Funded Two Scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00 each to Osteopathic Medical Students from Maine attending UNE COM in the 2017-2018 school term.
These scholarships are awarded each year to deserving medical students from Maine. Donate to support this cause!
Read more about these scholarships, recent recipients, applications and more Here.
- A.T. Still Stewards: $25,000 and over
- The Hanson Society: $10,000-$24,999
- Leadership Circle: $5,000-$9,999
- President’s Club: $1,000-$4,999
- Supporter: Up to $999
- View of a list of all of our generous donors (coming soon!).
Please help the next generation of D.O.’s practice in Maine by making a donation to support this cause. Donate HERE!
It's the Giving Season... Please Consider a donation to the
2019 MOEF Silent Auction!
Our Annual Auction to benefit the Maine Osteopathic Educational Foundation, will be held on Friday, February 8th. Please consider making a monetary donation to this event, or donating an item.
Click Here for our Donation Form!