Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology Summer in the City
Sponsored by MSPP’s School Psychology Program
Come to Boston in July for a week of engaging learning at MSPP. Pursue a week of classes in a subject area that will enrich your understanding and strengthen your professional skills. Enjoy all that Boston and environs have to offer. There will be additional expenses for books or packets in some courses as well as food, lodging and entertainment.
Accommodations: Dedham Hilton Hotel. The hotel is convenient to Routes 128/95 and the Route 128 Amtrak station. The hotel has restaurants, a health club, and swimming pool and is convenient by car to MSPP.
Advanced Psychoeducational Assessment
Monday - Friday, July 9-13, 2012
9:00 am - 12:30 pm each day
Joan Axelrod, MEd and Bob Lichtenstein, PhD, instructors
With the many recent advances in the areas of neuropsychology, learning disabilities, and educational interventions, keeping up with innovations and best practices in psychoeducational assessment is a challenge. This fast-paced workshop series for practicing school psychologists, diagnosticians, and other educational specialists will cover the following topics:
- Assessment from a neuropsychological perspective
- Cognitive assessment and process interpretation of the WISC-4
- Assessment of attention, executive functions and memory
- ADHD determination
- Response-to-intervention (RTI) as an alternative to traditional assessment
- Role of the school psychologist in an RTI model
- Assessment of early literacy skills and reading
- Assessment of written language
- Assessment of math
- Case study illustrations, with implications for intervention
Program Code: PE12
17 CE Credits
Location: at MSPP, West Roxbury
Joan Axelrod, M.Ed., is a psychoeducational diagnostician in private practice in Lexington, MA. She conducts assessments and consults with local school systems about assessment and programming for students with special learning needs.