Monday, June 10, 2019
8:00 am -12:00 pm
This course will provide an overview of qualitative data collection, focus group fundamentals, and qualitative data analyses methods and software for cancer research. The utility of qualitative research and focus groups for enhancing cancer registry operations will be emphasized.
- Understand the importance and the role of qualitative data in cancer research
- Understand the fundamentals and purposes of focus groups as a qualitative data collection method
- Explore the logistics of recruiting, conducting, and analyzing a focus group
- Improve understanding of qualitative data analyses and data collection strategies
- Practice qualitative data collection scenarios and explore real-world possibilities for qualitative data collection in cancer research
Qualitative Data (Collection & Analyses); Focus Group Fundamentals; Qualitative Analyses Software; Thematic Summaries; Qualitative data/focus group interactive practice sessions.
- Rebecca L Garrow, MPH, Program Manager, Cancer Registry of Greater California