Intermediate/Advanced (This session is for organizations with established and fully operating boards.)
This program will help you understand the critical components of excellent board performance. What are the key roles and responsibilities of a high performance board? How can an effective board help your organization prosper? At this session, you'll find the answers.
An effective outside board can provide you with trusted advice, offer reliable support during times of crisis, and help you focus on your nonprofit's crucial make-or-break issues. During the session you'll discover:
• What excellent board performance looks like, and how to conduct a general assessment of where you are today
• The benefits involved with utilizing a high performance board
• What you and your board are doing right
• A better understanding of your board’s biggest issues and challenges
• The benefits of performance evaluations, board development, and board improvement
Through a 15-minute pre-program activity, participants will have an opportunity to assess where their board is today. Key points will be reinforced in small group exercises where participants will revisit their board assessments.
Open discussions with our experienced facilitators and other participants will help you think through the next steps you need to take with your board.
Following the course, each organization will have the opportunity for 1 hour of follow up support with a seasoned consultant to develop a plan on strengthening your board’s performance.
Fees: $50/per organization, includes lunch
*Each organization is required to bring at least one staff member and one board member. Each organization can bring a total of three participants.
Spots are limited!