This SBI program offers breast imaging radiologists in attendance exposure to challenging DBT cases, supervised by expert faculty, so that the attendees can move beyond the basics and learn to apply this practical knowledge in a clinical setting.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe current uses of DBT in the screening and diagnostic settings
- Review the DBT patterns of benign and malignant disease; provide attendees with tools to better discriminate between breast cancer versus benign lesions
- Apply DBT effectively to reduce failure in cancer detection in patients before the next mammogram
- Recognize image workflow for comprehensive DBT examination review and interpretation
- Demonstrate an approach to biopsy of lesions visualized only by DBT
- Cultivate a greater understanding and appreciation of DBT in the screening environment
This course meets the eight hours of initial training in breast tomosynthesis as required by the FDA.