Jan 29, 2013 08:30am - Jan 29, 2013 05:00pm
(GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Event Type: Education: North America
Category: Education & Training: North Am
HOSTED BY: Stone Creek Coffee Roasters
422 North 5th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53203
DATE & TIME
January 29 2013| 8:30am - 5:00pm
PRICING (per person)
SCAA Member price: $80.00
RG/BGA Member price: $120.00
Non Member price: $160.00
If you require a hotel, we have secured rooms at the Ambassador Hotel in Milwaukee for $109 per night. Please reference SCAA-IDP when making your reservation. Please book by January 14 by calling the hotel directly at 877-503-2011. http://ambassadormilwaukee1-px.trvlclick.com/index.cfm
The SCAA Instructor Development Program is one of our most popular professional development programs. Specialty Coffee Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) can advance their training and education skills through workshops on adult learning principles in the workplace, instructional design (based on the ADDIE model developed by the American Society for Training & Development), testing, evaluation and class management. Upon completion of the one-day program, students earn the SCAA Lead Instructor Credential and are eligible to volunteer as an Instructor for SCAA. Many students enthusiastically report an increase in quality and delivery of their training and instructional design in their own companies after completing the IDP. This course is particularly beneficial for the coffee expert who trains others, but has no formal coursework in training, adult education, or organizational learning.
This course is a pre-requisite for future advanced IDPs.
1. Recognizing education and training as an element of organizational success;
• Orientation to the SCAA’s Professional Development department
• Incorporating your company’s mission, vision and strategic goals into your training initiatives
• Instructor and trainer competencies for the SCAA and at work
2. Applying adult learning principles;
• Recognize four key adult learning principles;
• Grasp basics of adult learning theory and begin translating theory into practice;
• Identify characteristics of adult learners and take them into consideration when conducting classes;
• Recognize how adult learners process information, and strategise class design.
3. Setting clear, measurable skill and knowledge objectives;
4. Designing instruction using the ADDIE model of the American Society for Training and Development;
5. Exhibiting professional presentation skills;
6. Evaluating learner performance and leveraging learning back at work.
The course is taught by the SCAA Education Manager, Ildi Revi, M.Ad.Ed., CPT. Ildi has designed and conducted educator training for over 15 years for companies, educational institutions, government projects and NGO's. She works with all the subject matter experts at SCAA to design, develop and deliver classes to our members.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There are no refunds of any kind for this event. The SCAA has the right to change and/or cancel the event at any time.
|Early registration ends on Nov 18, 2012.|
Regular registration starts on Nov 19, 2012 and ends on Jan 28, 2013.
Late registration starts on Jan 29, 2013.
All times are 12:00am (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).