This four-hour class will be held from 2:00-4:00 pm on August 28-29, 2012. Students must attend both sessions.
If you know how to search WorldCat and you understand the ILL process through the Staff View of WorldCat Resource Sharing but would like a refresher course to refine your skills, this class is for you.
Topics include searching tips, Constant Data, Custom Holdings, the use of Union Lists, OCLC policies, explanation of Group Access Capabilities, batch processing and more. Hands-on exercises will be included. Attend this class to improve the effectiveness of your ILL department through WorldCat Resource Sharing.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Search for bibliographic records, read policies, and submit requests in WorldCat Resource Sharing
- Create and manage Constant Data records in the Administrative Module
- Create Saved Notes in the Administrative Module
- Respond to Interlibrary Loan requests in a batch
- Create Custom Holdings Groups and Paths for the OCLC Interlibrary Loan Service
- Navigate and utilize ILL Statistics
Presented by: Russell Palmer, Lyrasis
Registration deadline: 08/24/2012
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.
Non-Member Registration Form