The Paraprofessional Series includes four one-hour webinars geared toward library support staff or any staff interested in professional development.
Pt. 3: Exploring Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, first published in 1989, is a self-help book written by Stephen R. Covey. Having sold more than 15 million copies in 38 languages since first publication, Covey presents an approach to being effective in attaining goals by aligning oneself to principles of a character ethic that he presents as universal and timeless.
The 7 Habits are:
- Be Proactive (Take responsibility for your life)
- Begin with the End in Mind (Define your mission and goals in life)
- Put First Things First (Prioritize, and do the most important things first)
- Think Win-Win (Have an everyone-can-win attitude)
- Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood (Listen to people sincerely)
- Synergize (Work together to achieve more)
- Sharpen the Saw (Renew yourself regularly)
In this webinar, Andrew will take each of the 7 Habits and examine ways to implement them into your work and life.
Presented by: Andrew Sanderbeck
Andrew has been developing and conducting training seminars for libraries and library organizations for more than ten years. He has presented Web-based, On-line, and Face-to-Face sessions on Management and Leadership, Customer Service and Communication Skills in the U.S. and numerous countries around the world. He is the founder of the PCI Webinars.
Registration deadline: 08/17/2012
Staff from Florida libraries may register for this workshop at no charge. Priority will be given to SEFLIN members. Non-members will be placed on a waiting list and added as space permits after the registration deadline.
Non-Member Registration Form