Accredited Business Engagement Professional™ Certification
The Challenge: Engaging business and industry is an important strategy needed by workforce organizations to expand job placements and work-based learning opportunities for job seekers. However, when Business U conducts baseline assessments of employer market penetration rates across the country, workforce organizations reach between 1% and 5% of businesses within their respective markets. When you have about 95% to 99% of businesses not engaged with your mission, it translates as missed opportunities for your job seekers.
The Solution: What are the reasons for these low engagement rates and how can you break through common barriers with employers to get them to connect and value your important mission? Facilitated by private sector executives, get the strategies and an engagement toolkit to expand your employer reach and to meet your metrics more effectively through this accredited business engagement program.
Participants have an opportunity to earn the only accredited Certified Business Engagement Professional™ (CBEP) certification in the nation through this special partnership with SETA.
Register: Contact Shayne Nelson at Shayne@Business-U.net
Download the SETA Flyer
Thought Leadership Article: Flip the Lens on Business Engagement
What Does it Mean to be a Business Engagement Expert?
How to Vet a Claimed Expert in Business Engagement
How the CBEP Course is different?
In our continued quest to provide business-facing workforce and education practitioners with the necessary information to make informed decisions when choosing high-quality professional development options to maximize their engagement efforts, we must first lay the foundation with an understanding that business services is not business engagement; and as importantly, any culminating “certifications” pertaining to these topics are just as different. It is this confusion in the market that has prompted Business U to explore the pivotal differences in a two-part series of articles that will help you choose a training provider that prepares you with the knowledge and skills you need to expand opportunities for job seekers and students.
Read this article, to gain more insight.
Business Engagement Tools & Resources
Business U’s publications, tools and resources keep you on the cutting edge of business engagement. Get in the know!
- Business U’s National Study: The Current State of Business Engagement under WIOA
- Third-Party Credibility Guide: How to build employer brand ambassadors for your mission.
- Weekly Business Engagement eNews: Learn from more than 5,000 graduates of our business engagement courses; and receive the latest news on business engagement.
- Investing in a Business Engagement Ecosystem: A publication to educate policy makers on business engagement and the need for a coordinated ecosystem.
- CRM Evaluation Guide: Thinking about using a CRM to manage, monitor and measure business engagement? This guide helps you evaluate platforms on the market and interview vendors effectively.
- Thought Leadership Articles: Business U tackles the multiple challenges to maximize your business engagement practice in our original blog posts.
- New Study - Case Managers & Business Engagement: Released Fall 2019
About Business U, Inc.
As the only institutionally accredited national organization that focuses exclusively on business engagement, Business U transforms the outdated approaches public-sector organizations use to engage with industry. Through professional development, technical assistance and CRM technology, we shift the cultural and operational mindset of these organizations to engage business and industry in creating opportunities for job seekers and students. Business U earned its accreditation from the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and was awarded the 2017 IACET Innovation of the Year Award for Learner Engagement and is the recipient of the 2019 National Association of Workforce Development Professional’s 2019 award for advancing the workforce profession, including earning two 2019 Stevie American Business Awards demonstrating high achievement within its industry as the co-founding team of the year and for its customer relationship management (CRM) platform, B2B Engage®. More at www.BusinessU.net