Vermont Veterinary Medical Association

Report Animal Cruelty

If the animal is in immediate danger, please contact your local law enforcement agency or the Vermont State Police.

Information on Reporting Animal Cruelty and Neglect in Vermont: 

To Report Animal Cruelty by Phone:
The following agencies will be able to get your complaint into the right hands for investigation:

County           Organization/Phone Number

Addison          Homeward Bound Animal Welfare Center (802) 388-1100
Bennington     2nd Chance Animal Center (802) 375-2898
Caledonia       St. Johnsbury Police Department (802) 748-2315
Chittenden      Humane Society of Chittenden County (802) 862-0135
*Burlington Only* Burlington Police Department (802)658-2700
Essex              P.E.T.S. of the Kingdom (802) 754-6530
Franklin           Franklin County Humane Society (802) 524-9650
Grand Isle       Humane Society of Chittenden County (802) 862-0135
Lamoille          North Country Animal League (802) 888-5065
Orange           Central Vermont Humane Society (802) 476-3811
Orleans           P.E.T.S.of the Kingdom  (802) 754-6530
Rutland           Rutland County Humane Society (802) 483-6700
Washington    Central Vermont Humane Society (802) 476-3811
Windham        Windham County Humane Society (802) 254-2232
Windsor          Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society (802) 484-5829

For more information on animal cruelty, visit the Vermont Humane Federation's website.