Please Join Bloomberg Government as they invite city, state, and federal officials and their partners in urban innovation to share successes won and challenges still to overcome in charting a path to inclusive smart cities.
As Washington remains polarized and deadlocked, cities across the country are implementing change for a more connected, more inclusive community. Local government leaders are rethinking what it means to connect with their constituents, finance infrastructure impacted by rapid advancements in technology, and plan for the future.
New thinking requires new perspectives. Of the 100 largest cities in America, only 19 are led by women mayors. In Congress, women make up just 20% of our elected representatives. As women run for office in record numbers, we’ll evaluate the changing landscape of smart cities through the lens of women leaders.
- Nicole DuPuis, Manager, Urban Innovation, National League of Cities
- Beth Blauer, Executive Director, Center for Government Excellence
- Rosa Akhtarkhavari, CIO, Orlando, FL
- Margaret Anadu, Managing Director, Urban Investment Group, Goldman Sachs
- Yvette D. Clarke, Congresswoman (D-NY-09)
- Arielle Elliott, President, Bloomberg Government
- Jeanethe Falvey, Chief Digital Officer, Boston, MA
- Karen Freeman-Wilson, Mayor, Gary, IN
- Rachelle Garrett, Director, Government Solutions, Microsoft
- Kathy Grillo, Senior Vice President, Public Policy and Government Affairs, Verizon
- Lani Ingram, Vice President, Verizon Smart Communities
- Debra Lam, Managing Director, Smart Cities and Inclusive Innovation, Georgia Tech
- Doris Matsui, Congresswoman (D-CA-06)
- Catherine Pugh, Mayor, Baltimore, MD
- Adrienne Schmoeker, Director of Civic Engagement and Strategy, Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics, New York, NY
This event is hosted by our partner, the Bloomberg Government.
Location: Bloomberg Government
1101 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Metro: Farragut North
This is a free event.
Payment & Refund Policy
WGR Registration Fees must be paid in advance and are non-refundable. You may substitute someone else at your membership level for your registration without penalty; however, membership benefits are non-transferable. If your replacement is not in your membership sector, you will be responsible for the difference in fees.
Consent to use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at WGR events constitutes an agreement by the registrant to WGR’s use and distribution of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs and videotapes.
Please make sure your phone number and email address are accurate in your customer profile. In the event we need to contact you on the status of an event, WGR will make every effort to get the information to you via email and phone.