Open to selected participants of the Mentoring Pilot Program. Learn more about the program here.
Location: BP America Inc.
1101 New York Avenue
Washington, DC 20005
WGR Launching Mentoring Pilot Program (open to WGR members only)
Have you been looking for a mentor? Are you willing to mentor another WGR member? We need you!
To build upon the many informal opportunities for WGR members to make connections and share career advice, WGR is pleased to announce that it is launching a pilot for a formal mentoring program this fall. We seek to match about 40-50 mentors and mentees (about 20-30 pairs) for a three-month formal mentoring program.
Here is what is involved:
What is required of mentor and mentee partners:
- Interest in building a closer relationship with another WGR member
- Willingness to speak honestly about career goals and challenges and to provide advice and insight
- Availability for one meeting with your partner per month from September – December (partners will schedule based on their availability)
- Willingness to complete a survey for WGR to give feedback on the pilot
What WGR will do:
- Match mentor and mentee partners based on your goals and common areas of interest
- Provide you with reminders and prompts for your meetings to get the conversation started
- Evaluate the pilot at the end to see whether a larger mentoring program is feasible
- August 18th: Mentor and Mentee Application submission deadline (though we may end sooner if applications exceed the 50 people we seek – so if you’re interested, please apply soon!)
- September 12th: Mentoring Program Kickoff Event
- September – December: Mentor/Mentee partners meet informally.
- WGR Holiday Party in December: End of the program (though we hope that the relationships will continue on afterwards!)
Please make sure your phone number and email address are accurate in your customer profile
. In the event we need to contact you on the status of an event, WGR will make every effort to get the information to you via email and phone.