Member Benefits & Fees
Join the American School Health Association to strengthen your professional growth! ASHA offers networking and continuing education opportunities through our annual conference, webinars and our Online Member Directory. Signing up is easy—click on the link below to register online or print the membership application and email, fax or mail it with payment.
Save time and sign up online! Click here to join!
ASHA membership categories include:
- Full-Time Student,
- Retired, and
Current membership fees are:
- Professional ($150) /New Professional** ($85) proof of status required (most recent transcript with graduation date or copy of diploma)
- Organizational ($500)
- Full-Time Student** ($60) Proof of status required (current transcript)
- Retired ($60)
- Life ($1,500)
Membership Application - PDF
Organizational Membership Application - PDF
NOTE: Organizational memberships are available to schools and school districts. Applications must be submitted via the PDF form as each requires board approval.
**New Professionals and Students interested in ASHA membership for the first time cannot purchase membership online and must submit their application and proof of status to ASHA Headquarters.
Membership fees are non-refundable and cannot be paid in installments.
DESCRIPTION OF MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Journal of School Health - ASHA's peer-reviewed, indexed professional journal (12 issues a year / monthly)
- Continuing Education - Members receive free Continuing Education Contact Hours
- Conferences - ASHA's annual school health conference includes general sessions, oral presentations, roundtable discussions, poster sessions, teaching technique demonstrations and exhibits. ASHA's Summer Institute, convened annually in collaboration with other health and education organizations, provides a workshop format allowing for skill development, plus keynoters and exhibits. Both provide time for networking and offer continuing education contact hours.
- ASHA Career Center - discounts rates for job postings in our Career Center
- Health and Business Insurance Program - A partnership with Associated Health Programs enables us to provide insurance to members.
- Section / Council Membership - provides specialized information on specific issues in school health. Section and Council involvement offers opportunities to identify, communicate and work with others who share common skills and goals. Sections are discipline-specific groups. Councils are issue-oriented groups.
- CHEN - access to the Comprehensive Health Education Network listserv
For additional information on your ASHA membership benefits or ASHA services, please contact:
American School Health Association
7918 Jones Branch Dr., Suite 300
McLean, Virginia 22102