Registration Fees, Form, & Details
Need help making sense of the Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems (IPPS) FY2018 updates? Let us break down the changes and explain the “Six W’s”; who, what, where, when, why, and how the changes may affect you.
This event will cover:
- Review of the new, revised and deleted codes for ICD-10-CM and the rationale behind the changes,
- Review of the changes made to the ICD-10-PCS tables with new and revised root operations and body parts,
- Understanding of the changes made to the guidelines for both ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS,
- Overview of the revisions made to the MS-DRG and reimbursement for FY2018,
- Overview of the upcoming changes to IPPS, including Value-Based Purchasing, Hospital-Acquired Conditions, and Patient Safety Indicator reporting,
- Question and Answer session.
Who Should Attend
Inpatient and Outpatient professional coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists, HIM Directors, Coding Managers, quality department staff, CEOs, and CFOs.
This program has been approved for two continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Information Management Association (AHIMA). AAPC: AHIMA CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state AHIMA branches hour for hour; program approved for two CEUs. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing; provider number 05474 for two contact hours. Certificates of attendance will be provided upon completion of event evaluation. HIM Domain: Clinical Data Management.