School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
What: School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
Date: Wednesday, February 22
Location: St. Louis Park Transportation (2211 Edgewood Avenue South, St. Louis Park)
Event description: The event will have two phases:
· 5-7 a.m.: Morning live shot availabilities for TV stations inside the bus garage featuring pretrip inspections
· 9:30 a.m.: Press conference in the meeting room at St. Louis Park Transportation
· Goff Public will invite morning reporters from the four TV stations to do their morning live shots from inside the garage, offering a glimpse at what drivers do before they leave for their routes (pre-safety inspections).
· Goff Public will write and distribute an advisory inviting all Twin Cities media outlets to attend the press conference.
· Goff Public will write a press release about Bus Driver Appreciation Day and distribute to media outlets statewide (as well as key trade publications).
· The Governor will issue a proclamation declaring February 22 as “School Bus Driver Appreciation Day” in Minnesota.
· Winter hats that will be handed out to drivers.
· Park Adam Transportation will recruit students from Odyssey and Excell Academy schools in Brooklyn Park to attend the press conference. Ideally, these students will share their artwork about why their school bus drivers are heroes.
When inviting these speakers to attend the press conference, please make them aware that the time commitment is 9:30-10 a.m. and remarks will be less than three minutes per person.
· Kristin Johnson will serve as emcee for the press conference.
· Education Commissioner Brenda Cassellius will speak at the press conference.
· Lt. Brian Reu is inviting the Governor or Lt. Governor to speak at the press conference. If they are not available, Lt. Reu will speak in their place.
· Derrick Agate is inviting Jim Hebeisen, principal of Tanglen Elementary School in Hopkins, to speak at the press conference.
· Derrick Agate is inviting a supportive parent to attend – and possibly speak at – the press conference.
· Tom Kelliher is inviting a legislator to speak at the press conference.