Welcome Students to ConnectU
The Virginia Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers is for students like you. Membership to NASW Virginia gives your the exclusive opportunity to network, search job opportunities, find scholarships, learn about loan forgiveness, be a part of leadership opportunities, seek licensure information, become involved, and have your voice heard with social work advocacy.
Help NASW Virginia Help You!
Fill out this short survey and tell us what you want at your school: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/naswvastudents
What are the Student Benefits?
- $57 Discounted Student Membership
- Two-Three Year Transitional Rate
- Scholarships and Fellowships
- Networking Opportunities and Events
- Private Social Media Platforms
- Job Opportunities & Internships
- Loan Forgiveness
- Leadership Roles
- Licensure Facts and Free Consultations
- Free Printed Code of Ethics
- School and Association Involvement
- Advocacy & Regulatory Information
- NASW Student Center
- Social Work Career Center
- Free NASW Online Courses
- Encyclopedia of Social Work
- NASW Publications & News
- And so much more!
How does the Transitional Rate work?
The transitional rate is only offered to NASW Student Members. After graduation you benefit from two (BSW) to three (MSW) years of a discounted "transitional rate." After you graduate and have enjoyed the lower membership rate, you will continue to receive a steep discount for the next two-three years, if you continue your membership uninterrupted. The cost for year one and two following graduation is $110, year three bumps up to $170, and year four following graduation will start the full membership rate of $225.
How can NASW Virginia assist you?
By joining NASW you're automatically added to your State Chapter. And, you receive benefits at both the state and national levels!
State Level Benefits
- Ethical & Legal Consultations
- Legislative Advocacy
- Local Program Units & Networking Events
- NASW-VA Career Department
- Personalized Assistance / Services
- Volunteer Committees & Elected Positions
- Member Discount
- Private Forums - Google Groups, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter
- State Awards for BSW & MSW Student of the Year
National Level Benefits
- Insurance Protection
- Career Search Assistance
- Specialty Practice Sections
- Award Winning Publications
- Professional Credentials
- Advocacy for You & Your Clients
- Legal Defense Fund (LDF)
- NASW Foundation & Student Scholarships
- Discount & Affinity Programs