OPRA AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
The OPRA Annual Awards of Excellence recognize organizations throughout Ohio that embody the vision, dedication and demonstration of excellence in parks and recreation. These awards highlight the efforts of those organizations that transcend everyday standards to make a difference and improve the quality of life in our Ohio communities.
Submission Forms are now available! But first, check out the 2016 Awards Brochure to view the categories, find out what information you need to submit, and discover how your department can score a FREE awards submission.
Some helpful hints before you submit!
- Prepare your answers before you access the form to submit your award online. Use the handy templates below to create your responses then simply copy and paste them into the online form. The prompts are taken directly from the judging rubric, so make sure your answers are clearly defined.
Hall of Fame Template
- Create a folder on your desktop for each award you’re submitting to house any and all supporting documents. Instructions on how to submit supporting documents will be emailed to the nominator no later than 2 business days after the submission is made. Supporting documents must be submitted no later than 2 business days after emailed confirmation is received, otherwise they will not be considered with your submission.
- There is a limit of 12 supporting documents per submission, with at least 6 of the supporting documents being JPEG files. (One document per PDF and one image per JPEG, please no captions, borders, etc.) Video files need to be submitted as a web link at the time of the text submission to be considered and will count toward you total number of supporting documents. See brochure for complete rules and requirements.
- If your submission is for a Leadership Award, photographs of the nominee will be collected only after they have been chosen to receive the award.
- Find out how you are paying for your submission. Each department that purchases a Group Membership Package receives a FREE awards submission. The discount code for your FREE submission is sent to your director and must be used at checkout. Other payment methods include Visa/Mastercard/Discover, purchase order, or bill me. Cost is $60 per entry for projects; leadership awards are free.
Remember, only projects completed between September 16, 2015 and September 30, 2016 are eligible for submission and that projects are not permitted to be entered two years in a row. Deadline to make a submission is October 19, 2016.
Click on the links below to make your submission:
Project Categories 1-14
Leadership Categories 15-21
Hall of Fame Category 22
Nominating someone for the Harvey Woods Lifetime Achievement Award? Click here to learn more about Harvey’s impact on OPRA and the field of Parks and Recreation.
Want to see what a winning submission looks like? Check out the complete list of submissions from last year by clicking here.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please contact OPRA or one of the Awards Co-Chairs.
Amanda Gehres, (614) 277-3064
Kevin Swanson, (937) 335-6273
Dan Veloski, (440) 331-5530
OPRA, (800) 238-1108
November 3, 2016 ● 10:00am
Judging for the 2016 OPRA Awards of Excellence will take place on November 3rd at 10:00am at the Dublin Community Recreation Center. If you would like to be a judge (must be an active OPRA member), click here to RSVP.