||(Event: 2018 AMTA Conference, "Music Therapy for a Growing World")|
Nov 14, 2018 9:00 am - Nov 14, 2018 4:00 pm
Session Type: Additional Course
Assessment is the cornerstone of effective practice and is a professional concern for music therapists worldwide. During this institute, an international panel of experts will: review various assessment models; examine ethical and commercial issues; highlight important cultural considerations; cover the design of assessment protocols; and describe specific assessment tools.
1. Institute attendees will describe the importance of reliability and validity as it pertains to selecting suitable assessment tools (CBMT Domain I.C.1-2).
2. Institute attendees will identify one music-based assessment tool appropriate for at least two different clinical settings (CBMT Domain I.B.7; BCD I.B.8).
3. Institute attendees will describe one way that data from clinical tests and assessment tools are used to inform the music therapy treatment process (CBMT Domain I.C.3).
4. Institute attendees will explain one way that clinical tests and assessment tools play a role in initial assessment, treatment planning, and measuring outcomes (CBMT Domains I.B.3. a-h; I.D.1-6; and I.D.7).
- 9:00 – 9:15 Introduction and Welcome
- 9:15 – 9:40 Defining Music Therapy Assessment (including Evidence-Based Assessment, Purposes of Assessment, and Data-Based Decision Making)
- 9:40 – 9:50 Questions/Answer
- 9:50 – 10:00 Break
- 10:00 – 10:40 Professional Issues in Music Therapy Assessment: Part I (including: Cultural Sensitivity, Adaptation, and Translation of Assessment Tools)
- 10:40 – 10:50 Questions/Answers
- 10:50 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 11:40 Profession Issues in Music Therapy Assessment: Part II (including: Ethics in Music Therapy Assessment and Marketing Assessment Tools)
- 11:40 – 11:50 Questions/Answers
- 11:50 – 1:00 Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 1:40 Assessment Tool Development: Part I (including: IAP-Autonomy-Microanalysis [IAP-A-M] for Psychiatric Disorders and Voice Assessment Profile [VOIAS])
- 1:40 – 1:50 Questions/Answers
- 1:50 – 2:00 Break
- 2:00 – 2:40 Assessment Tool Development: Part II (including: Music Therapy Assessment Tool for Awareness in Disorders of Consciousness [MATADOC] and Music-Centered Assessment Profile for Neurodevelopmental Disorders [IMCAP-ND])
- 2:40 – 2:50 Questions/Answers
- 2:50 – 3:00 Break
- 3:00 – 3:20 Assessment Tool Development: Part III (including: Assessment of Parent Child Interaction [APCI])
- 3:20 – 3:25 Questions/Answers
- 3:25 – 4:00 Wrapping Up and Evaluations