||(Event: 2019 AMTA Conference - Innovate! Integrate! Motivate!)|
Nov 21, 2019 7:30 am - Nov 21, 2019 12:30 pm
Session Type: Additional Course
Get strategies for how to connect with oneself and explore those stragtegies through a structured experience. Connect the three areas of music, art and poetry. The experiences can also be utilized with clients.
IV. Professional Development and Responsibilities:
A. Professional Development
1. Assess areas for professional growth and set goals.
II. Treatment Implementation and Termination:
5. To achieve therapeutic goals:
a) apply the elements of music (e.g., tempo, pitch, timbre,
melody, harmony, rhythm, meter, dynamics).
o) improvise instrumental and vocally.
aa) use music to communicate with client.
The start and end times are given as estimates.
- 7:30 - 8:20 - Pre test:drumming experience: introduction of chant: introduction of attendees: overview of the session.
- 8:20 - 9:10 - Review of music, mandala, and writing as a creative means for self- connection
- 9:10 - 9:20 - Break
- 9:30 - 11:00 - Experience of imagery, mandala drawing and writing and recording
- 11:10 - 11:30 - Break
- 11:40 - 12:30 - Processing the experience and how it can be transferred to clients as well as being utilized as a technique to precent burn out.