The International Life Sciences Institute proudly offers the following reference works for purchase:
Present Knowledge in Nutrition, Ninth Edition.
- First published in 1953, and now in its ninth edition, Present Knowledge in Nutrition is the authoritative reference work and textbook used by generations of food scientists, physicians, dietitians, and researchers as well as graduate and postgraduate students. This indispensable edition is ideal for health and nutrition professionals working in clinical practice, academia, industry and government as well as advanced students and individuals seeking to expand their knowledge of this exciting field.
- The 9th edition of Present Knowledge in Nutrition is available as a comprehensive two-volume set of 70 chapters. Volume I contains chapters on systems biology, energy physiology and the nutrients(chapter 1-40). Volume II contains chapters on nutrition and the life cycle, immunity, chronic diseases, diet and food, public health and international nutrition. It concludes with a section on emerging issues in nutrition, covering food-borne illness and food safety, food biotechnology, and bioactive components in food and supplements(chapter 41-70).
- Each volume is thematically distinct and available for separate purchase.
NEW – DOWNLOADABLE CHAPTERS – ONLY AVAILABLE HERE!
- Access the most reliable nutrition information whenever you need it.
- Download chapters directly to your computer or PDA.
- Ideal for educators looking to supplement their teaching materials.
To view the table of contents, please click here.
Note: To download the product you have purchased, please click on "My Transactions" on the left side of the screen once your transaction is complete. Once purchased, downloadable products may not be returned or exchanged.
The Nation's Nutrition
- Thorough examination of the scientific evidence base underlying nutrition policies and programs in the United States.
- Links current understanding of diet and nutrition to newer paradigms for enhancing health.
- Essential reading for nutrition researchers, academics, physicians and other clinicians, as well as organizers of nutrition programs, international organizations involved in nutrition, and the growing number of public and private organizations involved in nutrition activities.