Serving the Osteopathic Profession in the state of Maine since 1912!
Still Time to Access On Demand CME Deals
One Day. Eight AOA, & AMA CME Credits.
It’s Nothing Fancy. It’s Simply CME. Register HERE.
Earn 8 AOA, & AMA CME Credits
Just $199 for MAOPS, IOMA, OPSO, MOA, IOPA, and KOMA members and $249 for non-members.*
August 22 Virtual Event--Now Available On-Demand through September 24!
- Doctors Aren't Superhuman, Just Superheroes: Burnout and Mental Health Issues Can Happen -- David Goldman, DO, JD
- Diabetes Has Finally Met Its Match: Come Meet the New Diabetes Toolbox--Dustin Higgins, DO
- "Best Practices" on Getting Patients Off Opioids --Paul Jones, DO
- Pediatric Obesity: Epigenetics, Antibiotics, and Other Causes --Justin Puckett, DO, FAAFP, FOMA, FACOFP
- “Put Me In Coach!”: Concussions in Sports -- Christopher Wolf, DO, FAAPMR
- Pause, Rewind, Replay: Breaking the Fourth Wall of Implicit Bias Through Cinemeducation-- Katie Davenport-Kabonic, DO
- Suspecting Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) in the Dyspneic Patient: Who, What, and How -- Deborah Levine, MD, FCCP
- "It's Not Your Thyroid?" - When it is and when it isn't, and how to figure it out! --Dustin Higgins, DO
Register before September 22nd to Access!
Another Partner Event: OPSO Virtual Annual Primary Care Conference
September 18-20, 2020 - Live Online Stream
Earn Up to 20 AOA 1A Credits from your home or office
$545 for MOA Members
(please contact OPSO directly and mention that you are an MOA member)
Click Here for Full Details!
MOA's 2020 Convention is Still Available Online, On-Demand!
18.25 AOA 1A Credits, 60 days to complete all sessions on demand.
$490 for MOA members with discount code, $590 for non- members
MOA Resource Page for Physicians--Stay Updated & Informed on (Covid-19) Corona Virus 2019
For Patients: Maine's 211 Information System Activated to Respond to COVID-19 Concerns. Call 211 or text your zip code to 898-211 to get answers.
Did you know that you can get AOA Category 1-A Credits Online?
Osteopathic educational programs in all specialties can be found at DOcme, a collaboration between many state osteopathic associations like the MOA. Get your credits on your own time!
Featured Job Posting-- Hampden, ME Direct Primary Care Practice Seeking Physician
Are you interested:
- In practicing medicine the way it should be? Rather than it being dictated by the insurance companies?
- In escaping the medical industrial complex?
- In regaining freedom to control your own schedule?
If so, we are currently looking for a part-time/full-time DO/MD for our Direct Primary Care (DPC) practice that is busting at the seams!
Call or email us today!
Jack Forbush, DO
Osteopathic Center of Family Medicine
Hampden, ME 04444
MOA has teamed up with ActionPPE.org to help ALL ME DOCTORS and their PRACTICES to operate safely with proper PPE SUPPLIES. Visit https://actionppe.org/3/mainedo/ to get your PPE now.rder Discounted PPE that you need and get it delivered right to your door!
MOA Members: Use code MAINEDO5OFFAUGUST for 5% off your order!
If you are in need of N95 Masks (K95 available via link above) or any other PPE that you do not see above, please contact Amanda Richards, MOA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-623-1101.
The MOA has also secured an additional new source of PPE options.
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – ORDER NOW! https://actionppe.org/3/mainedo/
Welcome to your MOA E-newsletter for September 18th, 2020
- MOA News: Family Physicians-- Don't Miss the ACOFP chapter meeting Oct 6th. Virtual CME opportunities! Three great offerings. All online.
- News to Use: Last day to nominate a colleague, or organization for AOA's new COVID-19 Awards! Are you ready to VOTE November 3rd?, Fran Jensen, MD, MS, announced as MaineCare’s new Medical Director, COMLEX-USA/AOA Residency will be Recognized for initial licensure in Australia
- Public Health: September is Suicide Awareness Month- learn more about resources available in Maine, Tracing Millinocket wedding COVID-19 outbreak
- Practice Management: Clinicians MUST Register for new PMP system by Sept. 23rd, MaineCare CHIP Payment Clarification
- New Job Postings: MOA Member Posting--DPC Physician Wanted in Hampden, ME; CDC Seeks Epidemiologist; Maine Primary Care Association Seeks Director of Program Management
Click Here to read more and learn how to subscribe!
Click here to download our member application.
Let's Get Social!
Follow the MOA on your favorite sites:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Please call the MOA office if you have problems logging-in at 207-623-1101 during regular business hours.