Learn more about the DO Difference at doctorsthatdo.org.
MOA Summer Office Hours
Monday- Thursday: 8:30am-4:30pm
Don't forget to renew your membership!
Click Here to Login and Pay your MOA dues
Payments are Due 06/01
Note: If you experience difficulty in logging into the site or retrieving your password, please call the MOA office at 207-623-1101 for assistance before creating a new login. Thank you!
Did you know?
How to access Online MOA CME & CME from other state osteopathic societies:
1. Open your web browser and enter "https://docme.inreachce.com" into your browser or click here.
2. Choose from on demand AOA 1-A credits or Live Stream events from other osteopathic state societies like the MOA! Prices average about $40 per credit hour.
MOA Featured Programs like:
Over 150 Osteopathic Programs Available Online, (including 1-A Credits & Specialty Credit) On-Demand: Click Here!
Download the FREE App to Find Upcoming Osteopathic CME Events Around the Country!
MOA Inaugurates New President David Scaccia, DO, MPH & Presents 2019 MOA Awards at Oceanside Convention
The Maine Osteopathic Association held its annual oceanside convention on June 7-9th at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, ME. Over 200 osteopathic physicians attended the three-day continuing medical education conference which offered many opportunities for the Maine DO family to reunite, including a lobster dinner at The Landings Restaurant in Rockland, sponsored by UNE COM. During the convention, the association held its Annual Awards Luncheon to honor the contributions of osteopathic physicians in Maine. Recipients of 2019 MOA Awards are listed below.
In addition to these awards, Osteopathic Physicians were also recognized for their years of service to the people of Maine, including H.M. Chase, D.O. of Scarborough and Chester Suske, D.O., of China, who have each been practicing for 50 years in Maine.
During the convention weekend the MOA also elected new leadership for its Board of Directors. David Scaccia, D.O., M.P.H., was inaugurated as the association’s new President (pictured during the inauguration at right with Boyd Buser, DO and AOA President William Mayo, DO). He is Board Certified by ABMS in Occupational Medicine and by AOBFP in Family Medicine. He currently practices as a private occupational medicine consultant in Kittery, Maine.
Josephine Conte, DO; Kathleen Thibault, DO; K Emily Redding, DO; and Isabella Askari, DO were all elected to positions on the MOA Board of Directors. Brian Kaufman, DO was elected at the President-Elect and Jodie Hermann, DO was elected to the office of Treasurer.
Click here for event photos on our Facebook Page!
Congratulations to our 2019 Awardees!
Welcome to the MOA E-newsletter for June 20th, 2019:
- MOA News: Announcing winners of the 2019 MOA Awards, New MOA President & Board Members-- plus event follow-up information!, Notice: MOA Summer Hours
- Legislative Updates: Maine Legislature Adjourns but may be back for more
- News to Use: Don't miss the UNE COM Gala to Celebrate 40th Anniversary to be held June 29th at Biddeford Campus
- Public Health: Gov. Mills Signs 2-Year Budget into Law: What that means for Health Care, Mills Announces Opioid Response Summit: July 15, 2019
- Practice Management: Survey Opportunity: Unaffordable medications, New Practice Tip from Medical Mutual
- Belgrade Regional Health Center seeks a Physician (BC/BE in Family Medicine), contact: Communications@HealthReach.org
Click Here to read more and learn how to subscribe!
Click here to download our member application.
Let's Get Social!
Follow the MOA on your favorite sites:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Please call the MOA office if you have problems logging-in at 207-623-1101 during regular business hours.