SETA / NCETA
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Joint 2019 Spring Conference
March 3-6, 2019
Asheville, North Carolina
Please join the Southeastern Employment and Training Association (SETA) and the North Carolina Employment and Training Association (NCETA) for the 3rd joint regional conference. Our Associations have combined expertise and knowledge to bring you the best regional conference in the nation.
The Program Planning Committee is now accepting workshop proposals for the SETA / NCETA Joint 2019 Spring Conference to be held in Asheville, North Carolina, March 3-6, 2019. Presenting at a SETA / NCETA conference provides opportunities for workforce development professionals to establish and promote their expertise in the field, create business development opportunities, and enhance one's own professional development as a presenter and influencer. The deadline for proposal submissions is October 12, 2018, 5:00 PM.
Submissions meeting the following parameters will be evaluated against other proposals and conference objectives by the SETA program planning committee for inclusion in the fall conference workshop schedule:
- Proposal content design should be flexible to fill a 60 to 90-minute workshop time slot.
- Workshops should contain substantive, meaningful content consistent with the description provided in the online workshop submission form.
- As a non-profit professional organization, SETA is cost conscious in the selection process related to requests for fees, honorariums, and expense reimbursements. The presenter should give careful consideration to those requests utilizing other financial resources to facilitate participation to the greatest extent possible.
- Workshop design should allow for attendees to exchange ideas and opinions and ask questions regarding the topic being presented.
- Workshops should not be used to promote, market, or sell a specific product or service
- Workshops should utilize engaging presentation techniques and reference materials.
- Presenters must provide an electronic version of their presentations two weeks prior to the conference.
- The program committee desires high-quality programs representing a good value for its membership.
A wide variety of workforce development proposals, including professional/personal development, will be considered. However, topics of particular interest for the spring 2019 conference include the following:
- Integration and leveraging of partner programs (adult education, technical college system, Wagner Peyser, vocational rehabilitation, etc.) with WIOA.
- Successful program designs and strategies that yield high numbers of participants and exceptional performance in WIOA dislocated worker, adult, and youth areas.
- Performance management strategies-managing programs for high performance.
- Exemplary one-stop operations.
- Business and private sector service strategies.
- Sector strategies.
The Program Planning Committee will meet November 9, 2018, to develop the agenda. Speakers will be notified via email by November 30, 2018, of the status of their submission(s). For questions or status update, please email SETA Staff. Please use the following links to complete the proposal submission:
Online Workshop Submission Form
Conference Reimbursement Guidelines
Request for Quotation
Certified Business Engagement
SETA is seeking quotations from accredited providers of nationally recognized certification programs in business services/business engagement. The end result should include a certificate to reflect the trainee has gained the necessary knowledge and skills to engage business/employers as a partner in workforce development activities and provide the trainee with a business engagement plan to serve as the workforce practitioner's roadmap with specific engagement strategies for one-to-one onsite consultations with businesses and area/regional outreach efforts. Click the link below for the full Request for Quotations.
Engagement Professional Course