Retired Membership PLUS Print Version of the JTD: Retired Membership is open to Members who have retired from active practice or research. To be eligible for Retired Membership, the Member must be at least 65 years of age and have paid dues to the Society for 10 or more years. Retired members shall have all the benefits of full membership except that they may not run for or hold office.
As a member you can have full access to the “members only” information, resources, references, publications and data!
Here’s a sample of what you can make use of:
- The Journal of Trauma & Dissociation—you now have complete access to the full text of the electronic journal! You can read, download, print and save current and archived articles about cutting edge research, clinical cases, theory, and practice in the trauma and dissociation field. You will also find book reviews, commentary and so much more.
- ISSTD News—you can read, download, print and save current and archived newsletters! In addition to the organization’s ongoing activities, status, and reports; you will find articles about ethics, clinical issues, publications, conferences, and much more.
- Bibliography—though this area is currently being updated (and will keep being updated in the future to accommodate new publications), it nonetheless contains a multitude of references to publications in the area of trauma and dissociation.
- Online Membership Directory—do you need to consult someone in your area? Want to find a possible referral to a patient moving to a new town? You now have access to hundreds of entries of other ISSTD members! You no longer need to feel alone!
- Special Interest Groups—ISSTD SIGs are open to you now! ISSTD SIGs have developed by members for members, and are geared to provide ISSTD members with particular in-depth interest in certain areas related to trauma and dissociation. As a member in good standing, you are entitled to join as many SIGs as you’d like. Information about the various SIGs and contact information for each SIG’s chair can be found by clicking on the links in the Members Only area.
- Screening tools—ISSTD members have FREE access to a variety of trauma and dissociation related screening tools, scoring manuals, and information about interpretation of scores.
- Conference abstracts—as an ISSTD member, you have access to archived information from previous conferences. Browse to see what has been discussed, presented, researched and talked about, during ISSTD’s annual conferences—the variety and scope of interests, presentations, and publications can give you a taste of the depth and breadth of what an ISSTD membership can do for you!
Membership Cycle: ISSTD Membership is now Anniversary based (as of October 1, 2012). This means that membership will be valid for one year from the join date for all new/returning members. For all existing/current members your renewal cycle will continue to be December 31st of each year.
International Members: For members who reside outside of the US and Canada fees may be based on a sliding scale if you reside in a Country that is classified by the World Bank as an Upper Middle Income, Lower Middle Income or Low Income Country. To view the World Bank classification for a specific Country visit this page.