Cost: $135. Discounted price for AMTA members: $85
Learn recommended tools to enhance audio, video, set design and screen sharing ONLINE. Practice four keys to maintaining your online healing presence. Experience break-out groups for sharing with colleagues and to use with clients. Learn four drum circle games; gallery jam, chat bar integration, found sounds jam to backing track, and guided imagery drumming. Bonus Gift: Receive a 7-minute audio play-along track to use during your online programs. Note: This e-course was first offered at the 2021 AMTA National Conference as Add-on Course H. It was recorded for later viewing and access.
Presenter(s): Christine Stevens, MSW, MA, MT-BC
This e-course is pre-approved for 3 Continuing Music Therapy Education (CMTE) credits.
This course is eligible for 2.5 LCAT CE Contact Hours for continuing education for Licensed Creative Arts Therapists (LCATs) in New York State. AMTA is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists. #CAT-0055.
- Learning Objective #1: Participants will identify and practice specific activities using music therapy and drum circle sessions online. III. A. 5 - f - 4
- Learning Objective #2: Participants will identify and demonstrate the ability to use the four keys of working online. V - A - 7
- Learning Objective #3: Participants will create a session plan for leading one music therapy or wellness experience online. II. D-10
- Learning Objective #4: Participants will practice using the zoom chat bar and break out rooms for therapeutic application. III - 5 x
- 60 minutes - welcome and demonstration of online drum circle experience; includes 7 activities; welcome play along track with gallery jam, unmuted rumble, call and response, inspirational beats, guided imagery drumming, healing rhythm of breathing, one word share.
- 10 minutes - break out room share and reflection - each participant will be asked to choose one activity they can adapt and use in an upcoming tele-medicine or online session.
- 15 minute break
- 20 minutes: Power Point slides on the FOUR KEYS to working online; includes set design/lighting, audio sound and settings, camera, eye-point.
- 15 minute break
- 45 minutes: Using a basic session planning document, design and practice in small groups using break out room, facilitating engagement using chat bar, and adapting one music therapy experience for a clinical or wellness population.
- 15 minutes: evaluation for CBMT / Q and A
Once you purchase this item, you must download the e-course workbook with instructions and links for listening to or watching the course. Go to the AMTA website and log in on the left side using the QuickLink, “My Account>Login.” After logging into your AMTA online account with your primary email and password, go to the top tab “My Transactions,” and the “My Downloadable Products” link, then click on the item to open it. Save to your local computer. This purchase will remain available in your account for one year from the purchase date.
Note: The cost of each e-course purchase entitles one individual to participate in and complete the e-course for CMTE credit. If a course is being purchased for multiple individuals, it must be purchased separately for each participant. Please email the national office if you are purchasing a course for someone other than yourself so credit can be applied to that person's record.