On Sale! While supplies last.
Nutrition for the Primary Care Provider
Bier D.M. (Houston, Tex.)
Mann J. (Dunedin)
Alpers D.H. (St. Louis, Mo.)
Vorster H.H.E. (Potchefstroom)
Gibney M.J. (Dublin)
A practical reference!
Nutrition is an integral part of the prevention and management of the most prevalent conditions faced by today's primary care providers. This book is aimed at physicians who treat patients from all walks of life and covers:
- Covers basic principles of nutrition, the importance of the different macro- and micronutrients
- Includes the fundamentals of body composition, energy balance, and appetite
- Provides nutrition information for special circumstances, eg, pregnancy, exercise, food allergies, and religion
- Overview of various disease states and how they are influenced by nutrition
- Current topics, offering perspectives on global sustainability, the rapidly changing face of malnutrition and the role played by the food industry in consumer health