The A.S.P.E.N. Pediatric Core Curriculum 2nd Ed Downloadable Content: Chapter 29, Oncology, Hematopoietic Transplant, Gastrointestinal Supportive Care Medications, and Survivorship
Purchase of this download allows for one time access to save the file to your local network or PC. Upon purchase you will have 1 year to access and download the content. Instructions for downloading will be included in your receipt.
Chapter 29 Contents
General Oncology Overview
Nutrition Aspects: Diagnoses and Malnutrition
Multimodal Treatment and the Effects on Nutrition
Cancer’s Direct Effect on Nutrition Status
Evaluation of Nutrition Status and Determining Nutrient
Selection of Nutrition Support Route
Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Integrative Medicine
Complications of Cancer Treatment
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
Nutrition Evaluation and Nutrient Requirements
Provision of Nutrition Support
Nutrition Monitoring During HSCT
HSCT Complications Impacting Nutrition
Gastrointestinal Supportive Care Medications
H2 Receptor Antagonists
Proton Pump Inhibitors
Antihistamines and Benzodiazepines
Megestrol and Medroxyprogesterone
Medications for Mucositis
Medications for Treatment of Mucositis Symptoms
Late Effects of Treatment for Survivors
Long-Term Follow-Up Guidelines
Gastrointestinal Problems in Survivors
Heart Health After Treatment for Childhood Cancer
Diet and Physical Activity for Survivors
1. The clinician will be able to successfully evaluate the nutrition status of the pediatric oncology patient and determine the caloric, macronutrient, and micronutrient needs of the patient.Learning Objectives
2. The clinician will be able to identify the common nutrition issues for children undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
3. The clinician will be able to choose the most effective mode of nutrition support and monitor its tolerance in the pediatric oncology population.
4. The clinician will become more knowledgeable regarding types of medication used to alleviate gastrointestinal problems.
5. The clinician will be able to identify the nutrition and activity goals for survivors of childhood cancer.
This full-length book is available in print or eBook format. Bundle print + eBook formats to save.
You may also be interested in the A.S.P.E.N. Pediatric Nutrition Support Handbook, 2nd Edition.