Webinar on Demand: CHIA Volunteers Make a World of Difference
CHIA Product Code: WEB154
Webinar Date: February 06, 2019
Join CHIA President-elect 2018-2019, Nancy Andersen, MS, RHIA, CCS, as she describes the variety of ways in which CHIA Active and Student members can participate as a volunteer for CHIA and/or Component Local Associations (CLAs). As a professional association consisting of subject matter experts from a variety of different roles in health care, we have the expertise to:
- Embrace the fundamental changes affecting the HIM profession;
- Drive CHIA to be the resource that influences legislation and public policy, champions standards and facilitates best practices for information governance;
- Grow HIM member knowledge and value; and
- Engage customers, stakeholders, partners, professional peers, patients and the next generation of HIM professionals to market the relevance and value of the HIM profession.
We all have many gifts and talents. Why not consider sharing these talents as a CHIA/CLA volunteer? Giving back to your Association gives CHIA the EDGE and together, WE CAN Make a World of Difference!
During this presentation, Nancy will review:
- CHIA’s Mission, Vision, Values, organizational structure and strategic goals;
- How you can get involved in CHIA and/or your CLA;
- How volunteering is a great way to increase your professional network, stay current in HIM practice areas, and give back to your profession;
- The variety of volunteer opportunities available.
For CHIA to maintain the EDGE, we rely on our valued members (you) who make this happen for our Association. Without you, CHIA would not be the premier association of HIM professionals in California. As we establish CHIA’s Committees for the coming year, we are seeking members to team together with us to make a world of difference.
Visit the CHIA Committee and Task Force webpage for a brief description of each CHIA committee, and refer to the CHIA Committee Deliverables to learn more about each committee’s purpose, composition, roles and responsibilities, ongoing charges, and more. This information will assist you in determining your area of interest and expertise in serving.
Let us know how you would like to participate by submitting the Volunteer Questionnaire Form. Volunteer requests and information will be shared with both CHIA and CLA leaders for their use in making appointments to volunteer roles.
Who Should Attend
CHIA Active and Student Members who would like more information on CHIA and CLA volunteer opportunities
There are no continuing education units available for this event.
Nancy Andersen, MS, RHIA, CCS
CHIA President-elect 2018-2019
About Webinars on Demand:
CHIA offers Webinars on Demand, which are available for separate purchase after the live Webinar has been presented. This convenient format consists of the full 60-90 minute recorded presentation, distributed handout, and accompanying Continuing Education Unit (CEU) certificate. Each Webinar on Demand is only available for purchase and access for one year after the original recording date. After purchase, a Purchase Confirmation will be sent to the purchaser’s primary email address and will contain the access links.