Webinar on Demand: Making Sense of the Changes: An Overview of FY2018 IPPS
CHIA Product Code: WEB126
Webinar Date: November 14, 2017
About Webinars on Demand:
CHIA offers Webinars on Demand, which are available for purchase* after the live Webinar has been presented. This convenient format consists of the full 60-90 minute recorded presentation, distributed handout, and accompanying Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Certificate. Each Webinar on Demand is only available for purchase and access for one year after the original recording date. After purchase, a Purchase Confirmation will be sent to the purchaser’s primary email address, and will contain the access links.
*Sold separately from the live webinar.
Need help making sense of the Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems (IPPS) FY2018 updates? Let us break down the changes and explain the “Six W’s”: who, what, where, when, why, and how the changes may affect you.
This event will cover:
- Review of the new, revised and deleted codes for ICD-10-CM and the rationale behind the changes,
- Review of the changes made to the ICD-10-PCS tables with new and revised root operations and body parts,
- Understanding of the changes made to the guidelines for both ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS,
- Overview of the revisions made to the MS-DRG and reimbursement for FY2018,
- Overview of the upcoming changes to IPPS, including Value-Based Purchasing, Hospital-Acquired Conditions, and Patient Safety Indicator reporting,
- Question and Answer session.
Who Should Attend
Inpatient and Outpatient professional coders, Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists, HIM Directors, Coding Managers, quality department staff, CEOs, and CFOs.
This program is approved for 2 CEUs by AHIMA, AAPC and BRN. HIM Domain: Clinical Data Management
Tina Johnson, RHIT, CCS
President, TL Johnson Consulting