In this webinar participants will learn the five steps to becoming trauma-responsive (the next step after trauma –informed) and how to stay that way. We will cover:
- How trauma affects us, neurologically (consumer and staff).
- Why responsiveness to trauma must be applied universally and how to do it.
- Why any effective approach to responsiveness to trauma must focus on staff and their interactions.
- The three elements of trauma responsiveness: safe, connected, and in control.
- Why efforts to respond to trauma must involve the whole organization in order to be sustainable.
Kevin Aldridge, MA has decades of experience in business and policy-making. Kevin served as Assistant Deputy Director for policy for the Ohio Department of DD and ran regional operations for a national ID/DD agency. Kevin consults internationally for Fortune 100 companies and teaches organizational change at the Ohio State University.
Lara Palay, LISW-S has been a clinical social worker and psychotherapist for the past 30 years. She ran the MIDD CCOE for Ohio’s Departments of DD and MH. She speaks internationally on trauma, grief and other topics and teaches Masters students at the Ohio State University College of Social Work.