The Pre-K–Grade 12 Gifted Education Programming Standards should be part of every school district’s repertoire of standards to ensure that the learning needs of advanced students are being met.
The new edition of this popular book helps schools understand the updates to the standards, which have a renewed emphasis on equity and inclusion. The six standards focus on student outcomes in learning and development, assessment, curriculum planning and instruction, learning environments, programming, and professional learning (updated from professional development used in the 2010 version). This book details these standards and provides suggestions for implementing each one. It also includes sample assessments of student products and performances, which will assist schools in developing program and service evaluation benchmarks.
This book is a must-have for school leaders and gifted education professionals who want to offer the most effective services for gifted and advanced students. It is a service publication of the National Association for Gifted Children (Washington, DC). This designation indicates that this book has been jointly developed with NAGC and that this book passes the highest standards of scholarship, research, and practice.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the 2019 NAGC Pre-K-Grade 12 Gifted Programming Standards
2. Designing Supportive School Environments for Social and Emotional Development
3. Addressing Gifts and Talents, Racial Identity, and Social-Emotional Learning Regarding Students of Color: Challenges and Recommendations for Culturally Responsive Practice
4. The Assessment Standard in Gifted Education: Identifying Gifted Students
5. The Curriculum Planning and Instruction Standard in Gifted Education: From Idea to Reality
6. Differentiation: Standards Inform Best Practice
7. Programming Models and Program Design
8. Professional Learning Standards
9. Using the NAGC Standards for Program Development and Improvement
10. State Models for Implementing the Standards
11. Aligning Gifted Programming Standards with ISTE Standards for Enhanced Student Outcomes
12. Advocating for Implementation
Edited by: Susan K. Johnsen Ph.D., Debbie Dailey, EdD, & Alicia Cotabish, EdD
Publisher: Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group, Jan. 31, 2022
Pages: 396, paperback