This DVD is a primer for those involved with optical fibers and fiber optic technology. Learn about attenuation, dispersion, fiber types manufacturing, specialty fibers, applications and a historical overview.
- A brief look at the history and evolution of optical fibers.
- The advantages of optical fibers.
- Basic fiber optic theory such as wavelength, refraction, reflection, absorption, scattering and numerical aperture.
- Single-mode and multimode optical fiber structures, including cores, claddings, and coatings.
- Intrinsic and extrinsic optical attenuation.
- Single-mode fiber types and the evolution of ITU-T G.652, dispersion shifted and NZDS G.655 types.
- Types of optical dispersion including CD (material and waveguide), DMD (modal), and PMD.
- Multimode fibers, modal dispersion and bandwidth measurements.
- Application-specific optical fibers.
- WDM, CWDM and DWDM fiber issues.
- Optical windows and bands.
- Plastic optical fibers and POF applications.
- Applications including LANs, SANs, MANs, WANs, CATV/HFC, fiber to the home/passive optical networks, industrial controls, and security applications.
Visit The Light Brigade Website!
Note: All DVDs are "single viewer only" copies. Licensing agreements are required for group or classroom use. Please Contact The Light Brigade for details.