Educating Gifted Students in Middle School: A Practical Guide (3rd ed.) helps educators with the challenging task of understanding and meeting the needs of gifted students in middle school. This revised and updated third edition:
- Provides a rationale and framework that middle schools can use to fill the service gap for gifted and advanced learners.
- Addresses the needs of learners from diverse backgrounds.
- Shows how to implement effective program models.
- Identifies best practices for the classroom.
- Shares research-based curriculum models.
Topics addressed include school organization, instructional strategies in the basic subject areas, cocurricular and summer programs, the missing link of executive function skills, and counseling at-risk gifted learners. Educating Gifted Students in Middle School focuses on creative, practical, and realistic school solutions that create a vital and responsive community for all students.
Publisher: NAGC & Prufrock Press, 2020 Pages: 325/paperback