Advancing Differentiation will lead you through the process of creating a thriving, student-centered, 21st-century classroom. Since its initial publication, the book’s materials have undergone rigorous testing and refinement in classrooms all over the world to deliver the best and most effective differentiation strategies. The strategies in this book will help you:
- Deeply engage every learner while challenging students to think critically, self-regulate, and direct their own learning
- Set new roles for student and teacher that encourage learner autonomy
- Employ cutting-edge techniques for designing rigorous E4 curriculum (effective, engaging, enriching, and exciting)
This revised and updated edition features:
- A primer on differentiation, which answers the crucial question, Why differentiate at all?
- Self-assessment surveys, observation forms, and new ideas for increasing proficiency in classroom differentiation
- Ways to address the changing needs of the future workforce
- More articulated curriculum design defining the differences between strategies and skills—refining the levels of conceptual knowledge
Author: Richard M. Cash, Ed.D.
Publisher: Free Spirit
Audience: Educators for grades K–12