296 pp.; 10th Edition
Stamped PDF version available.
Click here for discounted bundle pricing.
A Canadian version can be purchased through RSIC. Click here to order.
Notable Updates and Revisions:
- Bar marking coverage was updated.
- Typical reinforcing bar bend shapes greatly expanded.
- Updates made to standard and stirrup/tie hooks data.
- Reinforcing bar fabrication tolerances updated.
- Hoisting equipment and hand signal illustrations updated.
- Expanded coverage on placing drawings and bar lists.
- Coverage of bar supports updated.
- Expanded field placing tolerances with addition of vertical bar placement.
- Greatly expanded coverage of recommended first/last bar placement.
- To emphasize the importance of field safety, the safety chapter was moved to Chapter 1.
- New bar size #20 added.
Table of Contents:
- Safety Precautions
- Concrete and Reinforced Concrete – Definitions
- Reinforced Concrete Building Construction
- Bridge Construction
- Reinforcing Steel – Purpose and Location in Concrete
- Fabricated Reinforcing Bars
- Unloading, Storing and Handling Reinforcing Bars at the Jobsite
- Placing Drawings and Bar Lists
- Bar Supports
- General Principles for Placing, Splicing and Tying Reinforcing Bars
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Footings, Walls and Columns
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Floors and Roofs
- Placing Reinforcing Bars in Post-Tensioned Floor Systems
- Transportation Structures
- Highway and Airport Pavements
- Inspection of Reinforcing Steel
- Coated Reinforcing Steel
- Appendix A: Metric Reinforcing Bars
Now available in the 10th edition, Placing Reinforcing Bars is a unique book presenting the currently accepted best practices in placing rebar in structures and pavement. Eighteen heavily illustrated chapters detail safety precautions, types of materials, handling of bars at the jobsite, and inspection information. General principles for bar placing, splicing and tying, and bar placement in footings, walls, columns, floors, roofs, pavement and transportation structures are provided. This guide also includes a chapter addressing epoxy-coated and other coated reinforcement. Produced by the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, this industry-trusted publication is essential for preparing provisions in project specifications and the definitive resource for apprentices, journeymen ironworkers, and inspectors.
Product code: PLACE-2019