Guidebook on Enteral Medication Administration
Editor: Joseph I. Boullata, PharmD, RPh, BCNSP, FASPEN, FACN
ISBN print: 978-1-889622-36-1
ISBN ebook: 978-1-889622-37-8
Publication date: 26 Oct 2018
541 Pages. Spiral bound
Finally there is a single-source dedicated to the clinically important topic of administering enteral medication to tube-fed patients. The Guidebook on Enteral Medication Administration pulls together the available information on the foundational science that underpins the approach to enteral medication along with specific recommendations for individual medications. References to the relevant literature are included.
Highlights covered in this book:
- Enteral access devices
- Drug interactions with nutrition
- Foundational principles of drug solubility and bioavailability
- Up-to-date recommendations for drug preparation and administration
- 169 individual drug monographs
Key features of the 169 individual drug monographs:
- Provides product availability information
- Summarizes pharmaceutical and pharmacokinetic data
- Reviews enteral administration and nutrition considerations
- Outlines specific recommendations on how to prepare and administer the drug
This book is a handy reference for: pharmacists, nurses, dietitians, physicians and others involved in managing patients with an enteral access device, regardless of patient care setting.
About the editor:
Joseph I. Boullata, PharmD, RPh, BCNSP, FASPEN, FACN (Philadelphia, PA) is an internationally recognized expert in the field of nutrition support and nutritional pharmacotherapy with more than 20 years as a clinician educator in pharmaceutical nutrition. His research interests include drug-nutrition interactions, nutrient physiology, and patient safety.
Christel A.S. Bergström, PhD (Uppsala, Sweden)
Peggi Guenter, PhD, RN, FAAN, FASPEN (Silver Spring, MD)
Hans Lennernäs, PhD (Uppsala, Sweden)
View Table of Contents
You may also be interested in this title sold in the ASPEN Online Store:
ASPEN Enteral Nutrition Handbook Second Edition
This book is available in ebook format. Bundle print + ebook to save on both formats!