EDUCATION & TRAINING VIDEO DOWNLOAD
This video (.wmv format), recorded on 07/11/13, covers "An Owner and Designer's Guide to Using Jointed Precast Concrete Pavement".
Presenter: Shiraz Tayabji, Ph.D., P.E., Senior Principal Engineer, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), Elkridge, Md.
The National Precast Concrete Association and the American Concrete Pavement Association have teamed up to present this video, the second part of our five-part series on the straight facts about jointed precast concrete pavement systems. This video will cover information directly relevant to owners and designers; however, anyone involved in pavement repair, rehabilitation, and preservation will benefit from this course.
The course will cover a brief summary of the evolution of jointed precast systems and how they evolved as an alternative to traditional cast-in-place concrete. From there, we will cover some of the key considerations of interest to owners and designers, including:
- Factors that challenge owners, designers, contractors, and others, including the impact of paving under heavy traffic; detour/staging restrictions; and short work-window requirements.
- An overview of intermittent repair applications, including the key considerations when, where, and why precast pavement systems are used in these situations.
- When, why, and where to consider precast pavement systems for:
- Highways (intermittent repairs);
- Ramp repairs and replacements;
- Bridge approach slabs; and
- We will also examine some essential business considerations, including:
- Feasibility considerations, including the availability of qualified precasters.
- Permitting requirements, local freight regulations, equipment considerations, and installation requirements.
How it Works
After purchasing the video, you'll receive instructions on how to access your download link.
1. For PCs, you'll need Windows Media Player 9 or higher and for MACs, Quicktime player 7.1.6 or higher
2. You'll also need to install the GoToMeeting Codec, which you may download at: www.gotomeeting.com/codec
Please Note: Members must login to receive member pricing.
Product Code: ODV201306
Format: Video Download
Length: ~135 min