EDUCATION & TRAINING VIDEO DOWNLOAD
This video (.wmv format), recorded on 9/4/14, covers "What Every Agency & Contractor Should Understand About Using Concrete Overlays ".
- Dale Harrington, P.E., Snyder & Associates for the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center
- Gary Fick, P.E., Trinity Construction Management Services, Inc., for the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center
This video provides a thorough overview of the recently published, “Guide to Concrete Overlays,” 3rd edition. In this video, we will present:
- An overview of bonded and unbonded overlays, subset overlay types, and how and when they are used.
- The program also will include a brief history of concrete resurfacing, as well as changes in the technology that have occurred in recent years.
- The video also will feature brief discussions on evaluating pavements & selecting solutions; various concrete overlay options; overlay design considerations; materials and mixtures; work zone strategies; and construction of concrete overlays.
- The presenters also will cover how overlays fit with pavement preservation, rehabilitation, and reconstruction strategies.
- The program also will cover some “lessons learned” from recent overlay projects, and relate these experiences to projects you may be planning.
- Some current resources also will be discussed, including overlay design considerations and software solutions offered by the American Concrete Pavement Association, University of Pittsburgh, etc.
Presented by the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center, with support from the American Concrete Pavement Association, this program is sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration.
Contractors, consultants, and agencies alike will all benefit from this program, which is highly recommended for construction managers, project managers, superintendents, foremen, QC/QA personnel, pavement designers, inspectors, procurement personnel, and others who have either direct or indirect responsibility for rehabilitating and preserving pavements.
How it Works
After purchasing the video, you'll receive instructions on how to access your download link.
To view the recording you will need to download and play the .ARF file using Cisco's WebEx recorded video player.
Acquire the player by following one of the links below:
(IBM OS) https://welcome.webex.com/client/wbxclient/nbr2player.msi
(MAC OS) https://welcome.webex.com/client/T27LD/mac/intel/webexnbrplayer_intel.dmg
Please Note: Members must login to receive member pricing.
Product Code: ODV201501
Format: Video Download
Length: ~105 min