Cost: $125. Discounted price for AMTA members: $75
Developmental care in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) helps promote positive developmental outcomes post-discharge. Presenters will discuss their experience providing evidence-based music therapy services within a developmental care model in a Level II and Level III NICU. Learn the components of developmental care and how NICU-MT interventions align with a developmental care model. Discuss how to promote acquisition of developmental milestones post-discharge through an in-home NICU-MT follow-up program. Learn more about research implications, the developmental care model, and intervention ideas to support developmental goals of infants in the NICU and post-discharge. Note: This e-course was first offered at the 2021 AMTA National Conference as Add-on Course V. It was recorded for later viewing and access.
This e-course is pre-approved for 3 Continuing Music Therapy Education (CMTE) credits.
This course is eligible for LCAT CE Contact Hours (the same number of CMTE credit hours specified above) for continuing education for Licensed Creative Arts Therapists (LCATs) in New York State. AMTA is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed creative arts therapists. #CAT-0055.
- Objective #1: Participants will learn at least 2 ways NICU-MT interventions align within a developmental care model. (III. A. 2., 4.)
- Objective #2: Participants will identify at least 2 appropriate suggestions to give parents/caregivers for incorporating music activities to address development during NICU stay and in their daily routine post-discharge. (CBMT Domain II. D. 3.)
- Objective #3: Participants will learn at least 2 ways to use music therapy to address developmental milestones with NICU graduates through telehealth and in-person sessions. (CBMT Domain III. A. 2.)
Schedule (Breaks were scheduled for the live presentation but may not be recorded.)
- Developmental Care Model
- 5 Core Components
- Family-Centered Care
- Healing Environment
- Common Interventions
- NICU MT Interventions
- Chronic Infants in the NICU
- Interdisciplinary Teamwork
- Post Discharge Music Therapy Services
- Infant Developmental Considerations
- Trends and Statistics
- In-home vs. telehealth sessions
- Common Events/Diagnosis
- Common Procedures
- Respiratory Support
- Questions and Evaluation
Once you purchase this item, you must download the e-course workbook with instructions and links for listening to or watching the course. Go to the AMTA website and log in on the left side using the QuickLink, “My Account>Login.” After logging into your AMTA online account with your primary email and password, go to the top tab “My Transactions,” and the “My Downloadable Products” link, then click on the item to open it. Save to your local computer. This purchase will remain available in your account for one year from the purchase date.
Note: The cost of each e-course purchase entitles one individual to participate in and complete the e-course for CMTE credit. If a course is being purchased for multiple individuals, it must be purchased separately for each participant. Please email the national office if you are purchasing a course for someone other than yourself so credit can be applied to that person's record.