Cost: $125 - includes 3 CMTE credits. Regular discounted price for members is $75 - includes 3 CMTE credits. 3 credits may be applied toward CBMT's ethics requirement.
Review AMTA and CBMT procedures for addressing ethical grievances including sexual harassment, as well as resources commonly available through workplaces and educational settings. Participate in opportunities to share insights, experiences, and concerns related to the topic. Note: This e-course was first offered at the 2021 AMTA National Conference as Add-on Course C. It was recorded for later viewing and access.
- Objective #1: Participants will identify examples of sexual harassment across multiple contexts and relationships (CBMT V. B. 2, 9, 10).
- Objective #2: Participants will articulate the steps to submitting grievances, describe the review and appeal procedures in place, and list the sanctions available through the AMTA and CBMT (CBMT V. B. 4, 14).
- Objective #3: Participants will name additional resources for addressing sexual harassment grievances through workplace and educational settings (CBMT V. B. 4).
Schedule (Breaks were scheduled for the live presentation but may not be recorded.):
- 10 minutes = introductions of presenters, establishing course goals
- 20 minutes = Defining sexual harassment, what it looks like, and in what types of relationships it can occur in
- 30 minutes = Review of Title IX and Title VII, related laws, and updated interpretations of the law
- 15-minute break
- 30 minutes = Review of AMTA and CBMT grievance procedures currently in place
- 30 minutes = Discussion of distinction between reporting through AMTA, CBMT, law enforcement, higher education campuses, and workplaces.
- 15-minute break
- 20 minutes – Open discussion on content reviewed
- 10 minutes – Session closure
Once you purchase this item, you must download the e-course workbook with instructions and links for listening to or watching the course. Go to the AMTA website and log in on the left side using the QuickLink, “My Account>Login.” After logging into your AMTA online account with your primary email and password, go to the top tab “My Transactions,” and the “My Downloadable Products” link, then click on the item to open it. Save to your local computer. This purchase will remain available in your account for one year from the purchase date.
Note: The cost of each e-course purchase entitles one individual to participate in and complete the e-course for CMTE credit. If a course is being purchased for multiple individuals, it must be purchased separately for each participant. Please email the national office if you are purchasing a course for someone other than yourself so credit can be applied to that person's record.