International membership is required for any individual whose mailing address is outside the USA.
- Priority scheduling of ASALH Bureau speakers/lecturers
- Discounts on Annual Conference registration. Only members may present papers and participate in the author's book signing event.
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Journal of African American History
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Fire!!The Digital Journal of Black Studies
- Digital access to the annual volume of the Black History Bulletin and available back issues
- FREE ONLINE posting of your events to the ASALH News & Events webpage
- FREE ONLINE posting of member authored books on the ASALH Bookshelf
- FREE ONLINE posting of Job on the ASALH Job Board
- One vote at each years Executive Council Election
- Membership Card
Membership year and benefit period is January 1 - December 31
Membership received after the annual conference will be applied to the next calendar year.
*Required for all residents outside of the United States
Print subscriptions are not available.