Senior membership is available to all individuals 65 years and older.
- Priority scheduling of ASALH Bureau speakers/lecturers
- Discounts on Annual Conference registration. Only members may present papers and participate in the author's book signing event.
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Journal of African American History
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Fire!!The Digital Journal of Black Studies
- Digital access to the annual volume of the Black History Bulletin and available back issues
- FREE ONLINE posting of your events to the ASALH News & Events webpage
- FREE ONLINE posting of member authored books on the ASALH Bookshelf
- FREE ONLINE posting of Job on the ASALH Job Board
- One vote at each years Executive Council Election
- Membership Card
The membership year and benefit period is January 1 - December 31.
Membership paid after the annual conference will be applied to the next calendar year.
*To order a print subscription for $20 in addition to your digital subscription call the ASALH Office at (202) 238-5910.
"I Want to Continue The Legacy"
We encourage you to join an ASALH Branch. Here is the branch directory. Contact the branch for information on meetings and programs. All branch members must pay national dues and applicable branch dues.