Institutional membership is available to colleges and universities, churches, non-profit organizations, etc.
(College/University; Non-Profit; Church/Religious Organization; Student Organization; etc.)
Institutional Membership provides the following benefits:
Two paperback current year Subscriptions to the Journal of African American History* (JAAH) and the Black History Bulletin (BHB)
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Journal of African American History
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Fire!!The Digital Journal of Black Studies
- Digital access to the annual volume of the Black History Bulletin and available back issues
2 copies - Black History Annual Theme Learning Resource Materials(for teachers-by teachers - complete lesson plans)and posters
Discount on Registration fees for two persons at ASALH Annual Conferences and other events
- These members may present papers and participate in the author's book signing event.
- One vote at each years Executive Council Election
Institutional Membership Certificate & Membership Card
Membership year and benefit period is January 1 - December 31
Membership received after the annual conference will be applied to the next calendar year.
*Institutional members who wish to receive Digital copies must provide two email addresses. Please contact the ASALH Office at (202) 238-5910 for more details.
We encourage you to join an ASALH Branch. Here is the branch directory. Contact the branch for information on meetings and programs. All branch members must pay national dues and applicable branch dues.