Life membership is available to all individuals. There are no pre-requisites to becoming a life member. Group/Organizational life membership is not available. In order to pay life membership installments review our Life Interim Membership payable over 5 years.
- Priority scheduling of ASALH Bureau speakers/lecturers
- Discounts on Annual Conference registration. Only members may present papers and participate in the author's book signing event.
- Ability to join the Heritage Sustaining Life members club
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Journal of African American History
- Print subscription to the Journal of African American History
- Digital access to all published issues, including back issues of Fire!!The Digital Journal of Black Studies
- Digital access to the annual volume of the Black History Bulletin and available back issues
- FREE ONLINE posting of your events to the ASALH News & Events webpage
- FREE ONLINE posting of member authored books on the ASALH Bookshelf
- FREE ONLINE posting of Job on the ASALH Job Board
- One vote at each year's Executive Council Election
- Electronic Membership Card
Please contact ASALH at email@example.com with all address and contact information changes.
"I Want to Continue The Legacy"
We encourage you to join an ASALH Branch. Here is the branch directory. Contact the branch for information on meetings and programs. All branch members must pay national dues and applicable branch dues.