Editor: Gerard E. Mullin, MD
This reference book summarizes the strength of evidence behind the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) modalities related to nutrition and disease states.
Topics covered include the following:
- popular diets prescribed by alternative practitioners,
- embracing integrative medicine for heart health,
- use of CAM therapies for women’s and pediatric health issues,
- CAM safety
- role of CAM in managing gastrointestinal motility disorders,
- use of CAM for liver disease, vitamin therapy, CAM and respiratory disease, cancer prevention through integrative nutrition, and many others.
See What's Inside!
Table of Contents