The Practitioner's Guide to Nutrition-Focused Physical Exam of Infants, Children, and Adolescents [PRINT ONLY]
©2019 American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
Editor: Christina DeTallo, MS, MBA, RD, CSP, LD
Authors: Hanna Freeman, MS, RD, CSP, LD; Bette Klein, MS, RD, CSP, LD; Sara Bewley, MS, RD, CSP, LD; Merideth Miller, RD, CSP, LD
ISBN print: 978-1-889622-34-7
ISBN ebook: 978-1-889622-38-5
Paperback; Pages: 77; Color Illustrations; 34 Tables/Figures
The spiral binding allows the handbook to lay flat for easy referral.
This handbook assists bedside clinicians discern the presence and degree of malnutrition during the nutrition assessment of patients. A nutrition-focused physical exam (NFPE) should be part of the clinician’s skill set and this guide is intended to help you develop your NFPE skills!
The book includes pictorial representations of various stages of muscle and fat depletion, vitamin and mineral losses, and fluid balance. Techniques and tips that can be used in daily practice when examining patients from birth to age 20 y, as well as charts and references, are provided.
- Overview of Physical Exam Techniques
- Physical Exam of Subcutaneous Fat and Muscle
- Assessment of Fluid Status
- Assessment of Functional Status
- Physical Exam of Hair, Eyes, Oral Cavity, Nails and Skin
- Birth to 3 Years of Age
- Ages 3 to < 11 Years
- Ages 11 - 20 Years
- Nutrition Issues in Specialty Populations (Critical Care, Obesity, Developmental Delay and Neurological Impairments)
This book is also available as an ebook or bundle the print + e-book formats to save!