Release of Information in California: Elder, Dependent Adult and Child Abuse
CHIA Product Code: E-book 005
Copyright © California Health Information Association
This E-book provides a basic overview of the background and authoritative information on records relating to elder, dependent adult and child abuse that includes mandated reporting, release of information and release of records.
CHIA recommends you read the Release of Information in California: Introduction E-book first. This E-book is offered at no charge and includes the ROI Glossary of Terms that is used in all subsequent ROI E-books.
CLICK HERE to download sample pages and view the OUTLINE
LEARNING OUTCOMES AND OBJECTIVES
• Articulate the importance of releasing patient-specific health information according to current laws and regulations
• List criteria that permit the release of child, dependent adult and elder abuse patient-specific health information according to current laws and regulations
• Define the mandated reporting circumstances and requirements for child abuse allegations
• Appropriately respond to requests for the release of medical records pursuant to child abuse allegations by referencing the correct California Penal Code sections.
• Understand and appreciate the complexities and responsibilities inherent to releasing protected health information to internal and external requestors
• Differentiate between the different state of California and federal laws regulating release of patient-specific information and apply them appropriately in all situations.
• Understand the release of information with and without authorization to/for: Patients, patient’s family, minors, deceased patients, and/or the patient’s legal representative.
CEUS & SELF ASSESSMENT QUIZ
Two CEU’s offered (HIM Domain: Privacy & Security).
You will be given access to the quiz within three business days of purchase. Each quiz may be attempted three times. A link to the Self Assessment Quiz is provided within the purchased E-book. The Quiz is comprised of multiple choice and true/false questions. Correct answers will be provided after the first attempt. Upon completion of the Self Assessment Quiz, a Certificate of Completion (CEU) will be available to download and print. You will not be able to access the Certificate after exiting the Quiz, so be sure to download it immediately and retain as evidence of the earned continuing education.